Sharmila Tagore hates surprises



Sharmila Tagore didn’t need any convincing to walk the ramp for Joy Mitra on Day II of the WIFW.
She said, “I couldn’t say no to Joy. He’s a Bengali, and you know na, the kind of connection all the Bongs share.”
Many actresses get extremely nervous while walking the ramp, saying they’re not really ‘professional ramp models’. Does she feel the same way? “Not at all. See, if you start competing with the models and try the catwalk, things are obviously going to be difficult for you. I would just walk the way I generally walk,” she said, spraying her hair backstage and adding some more colour to her lips. In fact, she’s someone who made people there a bit nervous, what with all of them going crazy, saying they didn’t want anything to go wrong when “Sharmilaji comes”. She nods in agreement.
So she’s okay being known as intimidating? “Yeah, I know... see, I hate surprises, so I don’t like things going wrong at the eleventh hour. Perhaps it comes with age. I’m a senior actress; all these years and my experience has made me like that.”
Read the original story on timesofindia.indiatimes.com

Share

Bookmark and Share

Google Buzz