We celebrate Valentine's every week: Akshay Kumar

Akshay Kumar is flight-hopping from Dubai to Patiala gathering critical acclaim for his sensitive performance in Nikhil Advani's Patiala House.
Despite such a hectic itinerary, the actor has made it a point to return home to wife Twinkle Khanna on Valentine's Day.
This handsome couple has spent a decade in marital bliss and Valentine's is yet another occasion for them to seek each other out. Says Akshay, "Days like Valentine's and our wedding anniversary definitely have a special significance. But honestly speaking my wife and I celebrate Val entine's every week."
The Bollywood A-lister explains that it is 10 years since they married, but Twinke and he do not take each other for granted. Says he, "When planning a vacation I bring the plastic globe in our home and rotate it in front of Tina (Twinkle). She has to just put her finger on a place and we fly there for our next holiday with our son Aarav. Twinkle knows her every wish is my command. Whatever she desires, be it diamonds, a car or a villa; she has to ask and it will be hers. But the beauty of the whole thing is, that in the decade gone by, I have realised that what my wife really craves for, is my time. She has made me promise that I will always spend quality time with her and Aarav."
So the Kumars have a set routine. Every weekend is a do-not-disturb affair. "On Saturdays we usually dine with Aarav. However, on Sundays it is just the two of us who go out for a romantic meal and a drive," he smiles.
A little known fact about Akshay is that he has the image of an action hero. He has even done several comedies successfully. But somewhere deep within, the actor is very romantic. Says he, "If you see Patiala House, you will realise that the romantic scenes between Anushka and me are very subtle. These scenes were not even written down. We added them spontaneously. I have a romantic side to me that I don't necessarily flaunt. I feel love whether it is on or off the screen cannot be scripted. It is something you have got to feel from within."
Now you know why Twinkle is one of the envied superstar wives. Her husband's world definitely revolves around her.

Share

Bookmark and Share

Google Buzz